Continuous Furnaces Overview
Ipsen offers a broad range of continuous furnace options based on different design principles and built to your specifications. Continuous and semi-continuous Ipsen systems offer clear advantages: they help in handling large throughputs, save energy and ensure consistant, high-quality results.
These furnace systems:
- Deliver large production rates in an indexed and/or continuous way
- Provide high energy efficiency in both electrical or gas heating alternatives
- Offer the lowest cost per piece
- Can be designed to integrate some or all operations, including carburizing (or carbonitriding, nitriding, nitrocarburizing, neutral hardening), quenching, washing, tempering, cooling, storage and loading/unloading
- Have standard and custom-made options depending on the application and available factory space
Ipsen offers these types of continuous furnaces:
- Pusher – This furnace is particularly suited for the continuous treatment of parts under a protective gas atmosphere. The extremely stable hearth structure is designed for high load weights.
- Rotary Hearth – Ipsen's rotary hearth furnace is designed for both carburizing shallow case depths and reheating pretreated work pieces. Its high throughput makes it particularly suitable for heat treating large quantities of the same parts.
- Mesh Belt – The mesh belt furnace delivers reproducible heat treatment results for bulk goods and large quantities of small parts while maintaining low energy costs and maximum uptime.
- Endothermic Generators – Endothermic generators have a modular design and are available in several sizes to meet the needs of our customers. For ease of use, programs are preinstalled for regeneration of the retort (conditioning cycle), starting and cooling down.