TruLock Autoclave Door Reduces Maintenance And Simplifies Operation
Our TruLock design features a rotating, locking ring that eliminates the need for the door to rotate, thereby preserving the integrity of the O-ring seal in VFS model furnaces. The TruLock autoclave door is safer than bolted or clamped doors. One switch activates the door's pneumatic cylinders, causing the locking ring to rotate for opening and closing. And there are no hydraulic clamps that might leak or fail. With the TruLock door, there is virtually no possibility of an unexpected door opening.
TruLock autoclave doors are electrically interlocked as well. Process Cycle Start will only be initiated when two redundant proximity switches agree that the locking ring is in a safe, locked position. For additional safety, there is a pressure sensor switch that will disable the operation of the pneumatic cylinders if pressure in the vacuum chamber rises above atmospheric pressure. Thus, the locking ring will not be allowed to rotate and the door will not open. The TruLock autoclave door is easier to operate, requires less maintenance, and is designed to prevent costly problems and mistakes.
TruLock doors are available on all VFS horizontal furnace models and features include:
- Redundant interlocking ensures safety during positive pressure quenching
- Effortless operation - one switch locks or unlocks the door in seconds
- Only the locking ring rotates, not the door, preserving the life of the O-ring seal and assuring vacuum integrity
- Production efficiency is realized since the furnace operator does not have to find bolts or tighten each one separately
- No leaky, messy hydraulic clamps to maintain